Sunday, April 15, 2007

Being ill is really quite pants.

I have grossly swollen tonsils which makes swallowing food and drink very painful, achy ears which has also thrown off my balance, achy joints, a raging headache and when it gets towards evening time I go very hot and cold and need 2 blankets and a jumper.
Needless to say I'm not particularly thrilled about the situation. It's always my luck that I fall ill at the start of a weekend so it's impossible for me to get to a doctor's and get any medicine, so I've had to make do with homeopathic remedies which one of my mum's friends does. To be honest, I'm not sure if I even believe it works but I have no better options right now.
I was warned that it might make me feel worse before it makes me feel better, but this morning I have woken up feeling just the same, although the headache seems to have got a bit worse. Fantastic.
Mum's friend is making me another remedy at the moment but I'm not sure if I want to take it. The other one didn't exactly do any good, who's to say this one will?

It's not like anyone I know even has a nasty cold thing! Where has this come from!? I seem to have a magical ability to pick up slight traces of an illness and magnify it, causing myself misery. I managed to do it last year by catching shingles, although having read that article it seems it just comes from dormant chicken pox. Surprisingly, that doesn't make me feel much better.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loads of people around me seem to be getting it, and I just have a very slightly uncomfortable throat and I've had it since before they all had it, so *looks guilty* might have been me.....

Advise wise - eat lots of citrus and citrus like fruit, particularly pineapples and oranges - helps get rid of it quicker.

Louise Roberts said...

Damn you Alex!
I think you are secretly an alien experiment in disease transportation. You are immune to all diseases so that you can effectively transport them around the globe, striking down everyone else.

Alex Holt said...

I'm not utterly immune....I've got a slightly sniffly nose.... Anyway, nah....thats just a silly idea....






.... It was cyborgs from the future...

Caroline Worsell said...

viruses....gotta catch them all!! :P