Sunday, June 03, 2007

Goodbye Bede Hall

Well, I am currently at home as I'm typing this post, although I'm heading back to uni tomorrow so I can go to the GameCity meeting. I just thought as I started this year's blog with antics of me living in halls, it would be fitting to post something about moving out.
Halls has been a positive experience for me on the whole. I got on with pretty much everyone in my flat, which I know is a pretty rare thing. I aim to keep in contact with several of my flatmates next year and continue our girlie nights out. Dancing to cheesy music and drinking strange alcoholic cocktails made of whatever was on offer from Nat's, does it get any better?
However, life was not all sunshine and roses. Things I will not miss:

  • The guys downstairs with their infernal music travelling up through the floor
  • The constant stench of weed throughout D block
  • The hall manager who hates all of humanity, with special wrath saved up for students
  • People rolling in at 2 in the morning screaming/ singing 'Oggy oggy oggy, oi oi oi' in the courtyard
  • Fire alarms at 3am
  • The piles of bins in the kitchen (which actually spawned maggots at one point, thanks everyone!)
  • Becki with her cooking that splashes everywhere, thieving of cheese graters to grind weed, and screeching arguments with her boyfriend at midnight - complete with slamming doors and sobbing in the toilets. When asked to be quiet the response was 'I'M HAVING AN ARGUMENT!'

So I'm glad that chapter of life is closed and next year I will be in a house. With 3 guys. Everyone has told me I'm crazy and to be honest I don't doubt it. Alex is already threatening to limit my time in the bathroom. He shall be pranked, and pranked severely.

5 comments:

Caroline Worsell said...

i would say i wont miss things like that either, but given i am in a flat next year i shall probs have things like that happening. But never mind eh!!!!!!

and ur not mad living with 3 boys....just alex!!!
he cannot limit your time in the bathroom...unless he blowdryes his hair every morning :P

Louise Roberts said...

Yeah but you won't have all of that! You know you have nice flatmates, and maybe Benjamin Russell will be more soundproof than Bede?

I like the hairdryer idea! Maybe if he refuses I could set up some kind of trap so that every time he leaves the bathroom in the morning a hairdryer comes swinging down from the ceiling blasting hot air.

Alex Holt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alex Holt said...

Tell you what, to be fair, you can have a probationary period whereby you can use the bathroom for as long as you want, so long as it doesn't impede on the hygeine of anyone else, lol. If it does however, then we start looking at limits, lol. I think thats fair. Besides with Joel in the house its only really 2 1/2 boys, he probably weighs less than a bath tap anyway.

John A. said...

Having lived there in the first year, I can tell you that Benjamin Russell Court is actually NOT a building, but rather a large origami structure made entirely from newsprint, and that the walls offer no soundproofing at all.

I had to stop working and leave my room at one point because I could all-too-clearly hear the guy in the room nextdoor 'enjoying himself'.

Have fun in your new home !