Monday, March 31, 2008

Bradgate Park Painting

I just finished this, and I'm pretty darn happy with it!
It's interesting to compare this to the previous photoshop picture I put on here. I colour picked on this one, whereas I didn't on the previous one. Looking back, the burnt house picture seems pretty cartoonish with its colour usage.
Photoshop is still relatively new to me in terms of my whole artistic education, and I'm still finding it tricky to translate some of my skills into a new medium. I feel like you don't really get much feedback from digital painting, and strange as it sounds, it bugs me a little that it does whatever you tell it.

4 comments:

Del said...

looks fantastic

Megan Egglesden said...

yeh, its loverly! nice job.

I agree with you that the fact that it does what ever you tell it isn't so great. Accidents can be mush more interesting I think.

Still, its an awesome painting,

I'm still not getting to grips with digital painting.... mew:(

Megan Egglesden said...

mush???? much*

Anonymous said...

very awesome! I think as a whole it works well technically and artistically.

Only small thing I notice is maybe the tree looks slightly out of place in parts where the shadows are darker than they should be (the upper branches specifically). Should be slightly desaturated i reckon.

But definitely a nice improvement.

*thumbs up*